Johnson Chiropractic Treats Back, Neck, Arm and Leg Pain

August 18, 2020

What treatment considerations should you think about for your spine and/or extremity pain, your back and leg pain, your neck and arm pain? When you suffer these conditions, this question is top of mind. Johnson Chiropractic uses the well-documented, non-surgical, safe and gentle Cox® Technic System of Spinal Pain Management as a response to that question.


First, let’s talk about back surgery. Less than 1% of people with low back, neck, and/or leg and arm pain have spine surgery. (1,2) That leaves 99% of people with back and extremity pain to be treated non-surgically. This kind of care is the strength of your Richmond chiropractor at Johnson Chiropractic. What is the potential of such non-surgical treatment as Cox® Distraction Spine Manipulation to benefit you?


Flexion distraction spine manipulation is reported to be a good intervention for heightening disc height loss in disc herniation patients. (3) Another study revealed 50% pain relief after distraction spine manipulation in patients with low back pain. (4) Cox® distraction mixed with therapeutic modalities over a month for patients with lumbar disc herniation produced significant improvement in muscle strength, disability, and relief of sciatica. The entire treatment consisted of 18 visits over a 4-week period of care. Cox® distraction manipulation appears to be a safe and effective non-invasive treatment for patients with lumbar disc herniation. (5) Safety always leads care at Johnson Chiropractic.


The study of safety of spine manipulation shows that chiropractic students learn proper delivery of force in delivering Cox® manipulation to patients. (6) Similar to a patient looking for surgical treatment for spine pain wants the best surgeon, studies verify that patients with an elevated likelihood of having surgery are optimally partnered with a non-surgical spine specialist. (7) Certified Cox® chiropractors like your Richmond chiropractor at Johnson Chiropractic are trained and then examined by written and hands-on testing before being certified in Cox® distraction manipulation.


Finally, understand that the clinical examination of your spine is just as and even more valuable than any MRI findings. (8) Cox® certified doctors of chiropractic like your Richmond chiropractor at Johnson Chiropractic are most learned and tested in the neuro and ortho findings of spine and extremity pain patients. The extensive clinical examination establishes the treatment plan for your desired pain relief.

CONTACT Johnson Chiropractic

Listen to this PODCAST with Dr. Rob Rudy on The Back Doctors Podcast with Dr. Michael Johnson. Use of The Cox® Technic System of Spinal Pain Management is well-demonstrated in his care of a couple patients with back and sciatica.

Schedule your next Richmond chiropractic visit today. Johnson Chiropractic knows that together we can answer the overarching question of what to do about your spine pain, back and leg pain, neck and arm pain.

Johnson Chiropractic uses the non-surgical chiropractic care system of Cox® Technic to relieve back, leg, neck and arm pain.